“Imagine a musical quilt, built with different visions and voices from across the world ~ this is my dream for The Sunshine Workshop musicals.” E. Hoadley
Here’s generally how it works:
- This is open to all ages, cultures, religions and races, anywhere in the world, from the north pole to the south.
- Peruse the list of song THEMES ~ find one that you think is in YOUR heart to write.
- SONGS WILL BE ADDED TO THE LIST AS THE MUSICAL(S) TAKE FORM, SO IF YOU DON’T SEE ONE THAT SUITS YOU TODAY, BE SURE TO CHECK BACK FROM TIME TO TIME.
- Read, print and forward to us your signed copy of the Song Submissions Registration Form with each song submission.
- You will KEEP your right to publish the song on your albums
- You will KEEP your right to sing the song in your concerts
- If Agreed Upon and Accepted by The Sunshine Workshop, we will ALSO have the right to use the song for musicals, albums, concerts, etc.
- We will give you full credit for your original work whenever we use it. We are happy to help spread your name, website and great music.
- Each song Agreed Upon and Accepted by The Sunshine Workshop will earn $200 Canadian Dollars payable within 30 days of acceptance of the signed, original Registration Form.
- If you see a song on our “Songs Needed List” that ‘speaks’ to you and you want time to develop it, please contact Elizabeth Hoadley to discuss putting the song “On Hold for Development.” To do this however, you must have YouTube videos (or something similar) we can review.
- We will NOT click on hyperlinks that are not on a main stream web portal. Please download entries to something like YouTube, MySpace, Vimeo, etc.
- As a song need is fulfilled, the description of the song will be pulled off the songs needed list, so if you see it on the list, it is still open for development.
OUR TARGET AUDIENCE / DEMOGRAPHICS:
- Children between 2 – 16
- Women between 35 – 65 (sorry guys, but Google Analytics tells it like it is…..)
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- 100% original music of YOUR own creation.
- Songs that are CHILD FRIENDLY ~ but not child-ish We do NOT dumb down our books or musical productions – children are much, much smarter than we adults take them for
PLEASE CHECK TERMS: SONG SUBMISSIONS FOR FURTHER DETAILS ON THE SUNSHINE WORKSHOP’S “NON EXCLUSIVE RIGHT TO LICENSE.”